The Science Centers Project is one of the strategic projects implemented by Tatweer Company for Educational Services (T4edu). T4edu is building advanced, attractive and productive educational entities .T4edu links formal and informal education through learning in accordance with STEM methodology where teaching and learning programs, events and activities are designed and practiced in alignment with the state-of-the-art standards to support and achieve the educational objectives.
- Developing a knowledge base for great Islamic culture & its contributions to human civilization.
- Building knowledge- based society.
- Promoting a hands-on learning.
- Developing scientific and critical thinking as part of the national scientific revolution.
- Promoting a positive attitude towards science, math, technology and engineering.
- Building creativity, imagination and curiosity.
- Keeping up to date with the latest international achievements in culture & science.
- Utilizing students‘ energy to develop their communities.
- Enhancing teachers‘ competences in the fields of science and technology.
- Establishment of Science Centers
- Science Labs
- Chemical Industries and Nanotechnology Lab.
- Biology and Environmental Science Lab.
- Robotics Unit.
- Computer and Information Technology Lab.
- Physics Unit.
- Electronics and Communications Lab.
- Space and Aeronautics Unit.
- Mathematics and Engineering Lab.
- Science Halls (interactive exhibits).
- Scientific dome (planetarium).
- Astronomical Observatory.
- Learning Resources.
- Scientific Theater and the 3D Display Hall.
- Multi-purpose Hall.
- Children‘s Hall.
- Science Labs
- Providing scientific equipment (interactive exhibits).
- Providing scientific kits.
- Providing professorial development for science center staff.
- Operating science centers.
- Equipping and operating STEM school centers.
- Developing scientific content for STEM school centers.
- Developing scientific content for science centers: an integrated scientific content has been developed to run scientific centers in accordance with modern methodologies based on integration in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in line with the “Next Generation Science Standards” (NGSS) and based on the scientific curricula of public education.
- Preparing studies and strategic plans for the science centers as needed.
- Equipping and operating mobile science centers: T4edu provides and resources mobile science centers, which conduct student- centered activities and interactive applications, based on discovery and practice to enrich their scientific outcomes. The mobile science centers visit public education schools (boys & girls) and public places to encourage and develop student and community scientific curiosity, and trigger students‘ innovation in science and achieve their aspirations.
Mobile Science Centers aim to:
- Raise awareness about science centers
- Enhance positive attitudes towards natural sciences and their applications
- Disseminate and promote science- based culture
- Connect science to the real world
- Simplify science and introduce it in an attractive and entertaining manner
Mobile Science Centers provide the following activities:
- Scientific workshops in the fields of: space and aeronautics, engineering and robotics, recreational sciences (physical and chemical applications), technology and communications.
- Offering educational programs in the fields of planetariums (Scientific Dome) and promoting health scientific activities.